Saturday, November 26, 2011

A Christmas Quilt

G'day. I have finally started my Christmas quilt. A bit late for Christmas this year, but that doesn't matter.

This is a Vivian Robinson design called "The Joys of Christmas Thyme". It is a truly lovely quilt. Instead of using the DMC threads that Vivian recommends in her pattern, I have used Cottage Garden Threads. These are a variegated thread and are just  delightful to use.

I have seen this quilt completed (with the DMC threads) and fell in love with it and of course just had to make it, but with the change of thread. I am very happy with how the first block has turned out. I have nearly finished the second block, it is coming together nicely. My hubby saw me working on the above block and I was stitching the two snowmen and he commented that he thought "snowmen had to be white, not multi coloured" !!! I advised him in a nice way, to go back to the book he was reading. Take care. Liz...

1 comment:

  1. it looks really lovely, cottage garden threads are great to work with

    ReplyDelete