Monday, November 28, 2011

Christmas quilt. Block two.

G'day. After getting some housework and a bit of gardening (weeding and watering) done yesterday, I sat down and finished this stitchery.It has been some time since I have had the pleasure of sitting down for long periods to do some sewing, so I am making the most of it.

 Each pattern that I get in this BOM has three stitchery panels in them. Two, like the one pictured and a verse. I haven't started the verses yet, thought I would get a few of the larger stitcheries out of the way first.

This one is actually from block two. I may get to start the other panel today at some stage. I have let the blocks accumulate as I have had other things to finish first. So there are still the three panels from the next block waiting in the wings to be stitched as well. By the time I have finished that (if not earlier), the mailman will be putting block four in the letterbox.

It is going to be a hot one here today so the weatherman tells me. Looks like I will be inside most of the day. I have been for my walk early this morning (6.00am) pulled the awnings down and closed the drapes, watered the plants that needed it, done some housework, so a few hours stitching under the air conditioner this afternoon sounds good to me. Back to work tomorrow and Thursday and then a full day out and about on Friday, so that means the stitching stops for a while. Take care. Liz...

No comments:

Post a Comment