Monday, August 27, 2012

Nearly finished.

G'day. I have put the borders on my wall hanging and it is looking much better.

The border fabric is one that I have been hanging onto for some time, only because I was going to make it into a bag, but hadn't gotten around to it.

This photo is probably not the best one out of the few that I took, but it has our little dog "Lucky" in it. He is waiting to come inside. I gave him a bath about an hour previously and he has been laying in the sun drying off. 

Anyway, back to the project at hand. I now have to go through my stash for some backing fabric. I have been trying to use up some of the fabric that I have been hoarding for "that special project", just in case that special project should pop up.But, have decided it's not much use just having the materials here if I am not going to use them. 

Take care.

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Had to do something to make it better.

G'day. I made this wall hanging some years ago and I have never been happy with it. 

The border wasn't right, the binding looked terrible, it didn't hang right and every time I looked at it, I knew I had to fix it at some stage. Well, that stage came last week.

I was lucky that I hadn't done any free motion quilting on it, otherwise it may have been a different story.

As you can see in the second picture, I have stripped it right back and after straightening it up, (yes, the background fabric was crooked, shame on me !!) I now feel much happier with it. I have selected a lovely green floral to redo the borders in and I think it will look much nicer and hopefully it will hang right this time.

It's a lovely piece and I look forward to having it hanging back on the wall soon and I will post a photo when it is finished. Take care. Liz...