Friday, December 28, 2012

A quilt for Hermione

I've been very quiet on this blog. But I hope to rectify that in the coming New Year. I have so many projects to complete, that I really must get on with them.

This quilt was made for hubby's god daughters baby girl. Her name is Hermione. She is beautiful.

It's not a very good photo. I should have taken a better one. The blocks and borders have ballerinas on them. It's lovely fabric and the quilt turned out very well. I am really pleased with it and am happy to say that the mother of this gorgeous little girl was overcome with tears when we presented it to her and her husband recently. It is always a good feeling when someone appreciates the time, thought and effort that goes into a handmade gift such as this. I also did the label for the back on my new embroidery machine. Sorry, silly me didn't think to take a photo of that!!

After finishing this quilt, I am eager to get some more UFO's done, but they will have to wait until I get back from France.

Take care. Liz...

2 comments: